Our Company History
Accurate Biometrics is a State and Federally-Certified Woman-Owned Illinois Small Business and a Federally Certified Woman Owned Small Business with the Women's Chamber of Commerce . We are a service corporation that has been in business since 2000, dedicated to providing fingerprint based background checks and identity services to public and private sector agencies and organizations. The following points illustrate Accurate Biometrics' commitment to the industry of fingerprint-based criminal history background checks as well as how Accurate Biometrics sets itself apart from others in the industry.
- The owner of Accurate Biometrics, Peggy Critchfield, was a 2008 and 2014 nominee for the prestigious Ernst and Young Entrepreneur Of The Year Award.
- Accurate Biometrics was chosen by the FBI to be one of only 13 companies in the U.S. to be awarded fingerprint “channeling” services for clients throughout the United States. Accurate Biometrics was the FIRST channeling agency approved to provide FBI criminal history responses to an individual pursuant to Departmental Order 556-73. Accurate Biometrics management staff have participated in the FBI CJIS Compact Council meetings since 2006, representing its voice regarding legislation on a federal level to meet the needs of its clients.
- Accurate Biometrics was chosen as the sole vendor to conduct the federal pilot project for the Illinois Department of Public Health.
- We have partnered with highly experienced Oracle database development companies, to provide an efficient, proprietary, streamlined and automated process for our clients. Our investment in technology allows our business model to expand our services to any state in the country and enhance services to all our customers.
- We utilize our own staff of fingerprint technicians, or certified agents, so we take full responsibility and control over data input and fingerprint capture quality. This also allows us to send our technicians to a customer’s location for special group fingerprinting sessions. These “On-Site Specials” are often utilized by our customers and are greatly appreciated, especially with today’s current price of fuel.
- Our fingerprint process is convenient and efficient and provides our clients with criminal background checks from states repositories and the FBI in a matter of hours.
- We have captured and transmitted over 1,000,000 sets of fingerprints for over 1,400 satisfied organizations.
- By Illinois Legislative Authority, Accurate Biometrics was the only member of the Livescan Fingerprint Services industry appointed to the Illinois Department of Public Health Criminal History Task Force whose mission was to review and report to the General Assembly on the statewide criminal history request process and provide recommendations for system improvements. This task force met monthly January through December 2010 and concluded with a comprehensive report to the Illinois General Assembly in January 2011.
- To illustrate our commitment to the industry of fingerprint background checks, we are members of a select number of professional organizations which enable our management staff to stay current with legislation and policy affecting our customers.
- Better Business Bureau
- US Women’s Chamber of Commerce
- Leading Age Illinois
- Medical Cannabis Group
- Jefferson Park Chamber of Commerce
- Illinois Nursing Home Administrator’s Association
- National Association of Professional Background Screeners (NAPBS)
- We have invested in leading edge, customized technology with an experienced staff that delivers accurate, expeditious fingerprinting services.
- We take great pride in our ability to deliver a very high level of customer service satisfaction; whether it is a customer needing assistance with site location, or a large State agency requesting a special on-site group fingerprint session—ALL customers are important to us and are treated with respect and extreme professionalism.
Our Core Values—Who We Are
- We are professional – anything worth doing, is worth doing right. We maintain a professional looking environment and our staff project a professional attitude and appearance.
- We empower our staff to make good decisions, if they error in their judgment, we use that as a learning opportunity and provide help and support to our employees.
- We are thorough—we have an attention to detail, and we act with a sense of urgency on customer and fellow employee requests.
- We do what’s right; not what’s quick and easy.
- We respect each other.
- We are enthusiastic and hard working—no one will out-work us.
- We are not afraid to humble ourselves if we make a mistake—we admit it and correct it quickly.
- We will do everything possible to make the fingerprinting transaction an enjoyable experience.
- We have high ethical and moral values.
- We have a strict separation of business and personal affairs.
- We are quality oriented: we understand procurement officers are tired of empty promises and the delivery of mediocre services; they demand total quality and conformance to requirements in every product and service they purchase.
- We are Service oriented—we never forget who the customer is.
- We are perceptive—we trust our instincts.
- We are nimble and quick—we aren’t tied down with anchors that prevent quick change.
- We are fair, firm, and consistent in everything we do.
Our Core Values—What We Believe
- We believe for every decision we make, for every asset we purchase, we must ask, “What will this do for our customers?”.
- We believe if it isn’t broke, break it—we start with the answer.
- We believe an employee asking questions is a sign of strength—not weakness.
- We believe “it’s all about the who, not the what”—our staff is our biggest competitive advantage.
- We believe effective communication is the breakfast of champions.
Accurate Biometrics’ greatest reference is reflected in its long-standing relationship with its customers. We have experience in managing fingerprint services and allocating the necessary resources to meet the demand. Please review our reference list by clicking here. These references and project descriptions are a testimony to our job of providing outstanding fingerprinting services that exceed our customers’ expectations.