Federal Bureau of Investigation Notification: Channelers can only process Departmental Orders from US Citizens with Permanent Residence; Non-US Citizens with permanent residence must make the Departmental Order request directly to the FBI. Finally, please note that inquiries for Departmental Orders must be made by the individual applicant and the FBI response must be sent to the applicant or the applicant’s attorney.
Individuals can now request a copy of their own FBI criminal history record for the following reasons:
o To review or to request a correction or updateStep 1: Complete the Application Form
o To challenge information on their record
o To satisfy certain legal requirements such as a requirement for adopting a child
o To satisfy a requirement to live in a foreign country
o To satisfy a requirement to work in a foreign country
o To satisfy a requirement to travel in a foreign country
o Other court related matters
- Include your complete email address, phone number and mailing address.
The email address must be clearly printed using CAPITAL LETTERS so Accurate Biometrics can send you your personal transaction control number after your prints have been processed. This personal tracking number is required to expedite the retrieval of your criminal history report using our web portal.
- This service is available for US Citizens and US Permanent Residents only.
View Illinois Locations View New York Locations View Maryland Locations View California Locations View Colorado Locations
Step 3: Bring the completed Authorization Form and two forms of identification to the most convenient location; if there is not a location convenient for you, you may print out and mail your application and print out a standard fingerprint form (FD258) by clicking here..
- No appointments are necessary.
- At least one form must be a government-issued photo identification.
- Payment - cost for this service is $50.00* and can be made in the form of all major credit cards, a cashier's check/money order made out to "Accurate Biometrics". Sorry, no personal checks will be accepted. View our Terms of Service
* Additional fees may apply to fingerprint capture sites outside of Illinois. Please contact fingerprint site from the location page for fee information.
Accurate Biometrics, a certified FBI Channeler, is approved to electronically process FBI fingerprint background check requests in accordance with Department of Justice Order 556-73 (www.fbi.gov/about-us/cjis/criminal-history-summary-checks).Thank you for your business.
For additional assistance, please call our customer service department at (773) 685-5699 or (866) 361-9944